Friday, August 28, 2020

We don't need your help!

Oregon Muse writes in part,
I'm thankful that C-SPAN has a YouTube channel that provides the proceedings without commercials and, more importantly, without any yammering commentators. Attention talking heads: I can think of few things in this world more useless than you. I don't need you, I don't want you. I do not need to you tell me what I just saw. I don't need you to explain it to me, I can figure it out for myself. And if there is anything I don't know, I can easily look it up. I have the internet, too, just like you. You may not have realized this, but the flow of information has gotten a lot more decentralized over the past 2 or 3 decades. So it's not like you're sitting on a bunch of stuff I don't have or can't get to. And I can't begin to count the number of times you professional journalismists got out-scooped by bloggers, autistic 4chan nerds, and guys wearing pajamas in their basements.

No comments: