1. DNC’s Problem Was Not That It Was VirtualRead all her explanations here.
The RNC was virtual, too, but it had energy and excitement that was completely lacking at the Democratic convention.
2. Real People Nearly Stole The Show
The most exciting parts of the evening were speeches from everyday Americans.
3. How to Do Cross-Partisan Outreach
Unlike a Google lobbyist endorsing Biden, a black Democrat state rep endorsing Trump publicly takes courage. Sean Parnell, running for Congress in Pennsylvania, made an explicit appeal to Democrats considering voting Republican: “In our tent, you are free.”
4. Tackle Democratic Race-Baiting Head On
5. Embrace, Redefine Trump Criticism
6. Focus On Policy
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
“In our tent, you are free.”
In the Federalist, Mollie Hemingway writes about five aspects of the first night of the Republican National Convention that she thought were significant.