Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Sounds like the Republicans had a good night last night

In PJ Media, Tyler O'Neil tells us the five things he thought were most important about last night's RNC.
1. Tim Scott exposed Biden’s weakness with the black community

2. Vernon Jones is getting off the Democrats’ mental plantation

3. “I wouldn’t be alive today if it wasn’t for you.”
Natalie Harp, a bone cancer survivor who benefitted from Trump’s Right-to-Try policy, gave a powerful speech about the key difference between Trump’s mentality to health care and the pablum the Democrats are selling.

“About 5 years ago, I was the victim of a notoriously deadly medical error. I survived, but only to be diagnosed with a rare and terminal bone cancer. You know, the Democrats love to talk about health care being a human right. A right to what? Well, I’ll tell you. To them, it’s a right to marijuana, opioids, and the right to die with dignity, a politically-correct way of saying assisted suicide,” she declared.

“I was told I was a burden to my family and to my country and that by choosing to die early, I would actually be saving the lives of others by preserving resources for them, rather than wasting them on a lost cause like myself,” Harp recalled. “And when I failed the chemotherapies that were on the market, no one wanted me in their clinical trials, I’d make them look bad.”

“They didn’t give me the right to try experimental treatments, Mr. President. You did. And without you, I would have died waiting for them to be approved,” she added.

Harp warned that “in socialized medicine, you don’t beat the odds, you become the odds. And I would lose my right to try.”

4. Nikki Haley on Black Lives Matter

5. Trump Jr.: 2020 is a race between “church, work, and school versus rioting, looting, and vandalism”
Read more here.

No comments: