Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mitt Romney can't do that

The President explains what he does:
"So I feel that I've been President for all Americans - the stupid Cambridge Police, the members of my security detail who wouldn't think twice about shooting a black guy, doctors who perform unnecessary amputations out of greed; bankers and pitchfork-wielding mobs; Hispanics and their enemies, who I encouraged them to attack; the people who were entitled to money when GM went bankrupt, and the people who got money when GM went bankrupt; filmmakers critical of Islam who give me lots of money, and filmmakers critical of Islam who are invited to come downtown for routine questioning."
"It's on behalf of all of those people that I have worked as hard as I can. That's what you've seen the past few years. Me, working as hard as I can. Barring only occasional moments of rest - a couple of rounds of golf each month, watching less than half of the college basketball that ESPN and ESPN2 televises, a bit of daily exercise, and the odd date night flight to New York or Chicago or Los Angeles or Paris or Rio or Casablanca or Majorca or Fiji or Maui or only a couple of dozen other places - I'm at work every waking moment."
"I don't think most Americans realize how much is involved in this job, probably because I make it look so easy, but I have to give a lot of speeches in front of a lot of admirers, and I feel like I owe it to them to make it the greatest experience of their lives. It's not just speeches, either. There are a lot of dinners where I have to listen to other speeches, and campaign material to film, interviews to sit through, donation reports to review, photo shoots of me working to arrange, state dinners to host, just many different things. Tonight alone, Dave, I'm not just here talking to you, I have to go have dinner next to Beyonce later. Again."
"And then there's the foreign affairs component - of course my opponents are new to diplomacy - but it's a very important component of my job to meet with foreign leaders, smooth over damage that has been done to our relationship due to missteps by previous administrations, and explain to them what I have noticed about how they can fix various problems in their countries."
"The truth is, I don't think Mitt Romney is capable of doing what I've done over the past three and a half years, and frankly I think deep down he knows it."
 http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2012/09/mitt-unplugged.html?cid=6a00d83451b2aa69e2017d3c280938970c#comment-6a00d83451b2aa69e2017d3c280938970c

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

good one