Saturday, September 22, 2012

Life in the big city

Democrat operatives, both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking, were all over downtown Denver today registering people to vote. My kids are with me (stories and photos to follow) this weekend, so we made our pilgrimage to the Denver Library and the Denver Art Museum, so the kids and I could stock up on books. Speaking of the Denver Library, I was amazed to see literally hundreds of people on the fourth floor using the computers to surf the net. I apologize for not accompanying this post with a picture of all the people using the computers. If you are homeless in Denver, or too poor to buy a computer, you can spend all day in the library on the computer, and use the restrooms to wash up, if you so desire. Free meals and lodging are also available.

Oh, I almost forgot. There was also a marathon, a half-marathon, and a "Stop War" march. I didn't get a chance to ask the marchers how they planned to accomplish that noble goal. The weather was fantastic, as, of course, were the views. The sky, though, was hazy, because of the on-going wildfires in neighboring states.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

Ah well you had your kids and a great day forget the kooks...sure seems like CO has a lot of them.