Thursday, August 30, 2012

It is Romney's night

The tears flowed tonight as I drove the long drive home from work on the pine-dotted country roads of the Colorado high plains. Why? Well, first let me explain. I was listening to talk radio until the commercials came on. As always, when the commercials come on, I flip through the channels in search of something that holds my interest. The only place that had no commercials was taxpayer-funded NPR. They were airing the Republican convention live.

So, why the tears? Because I was so happy to see that Mitt Romney placed his Mormon faith front and center. Not trying to hide it. Speaker after speaker, mostly Mormon friends whose lives he has touched, told wonderful vignettes about what kind of man Mitt is. I loved it! I am so sick of listening to politicians. These were not politicians. These were people whose lives have been touched by this man, who can talk about him through their personal experiences with him. Excellent!

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

Yes at times I felt I was in church giggle.