Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"The vow to love never changes, regardless of the direction of the wind."

My favorite writer on things spiritual is Ann Voskamp of the blog Holy Experience. She writes today about when winds blow and love tries to hold on. You won't be sorry if you go read her at http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/02/when-wind-blows/

She is writing about her parents' divorce, but the words have additional meaning to me. I lost the person who I thought was my soulmate. I still love her and appreciate her, perhaps more than ever. She now lives in one of America's most beautiful places, where she has much more land and animals and a thriving farm, ranch, and dairy business to help run. We actually communicate very well with each other these days - probably better than we ever have.

Ann writes about how "despite all your prayers, things still slip through your fingers, water and wind and dreams." Then she asks, "And did God answer all our prayers? No one enters into the real joy of the Lord in spite of the hard times —- but squarely through the door of the hard times." "God’s purposes are not for me to understand His plans: His plan is for me to understand Who He is."

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I'm sorry Bob. Relationships are messy here on earth...even the one we have with God. But I have hope it can change..oh wait I can't use that anymore waaahhhhh