Friday, February 17, 2012

Hugo and "SUPER BIKES"

A great day today with the kids. Are you ready for this? I have a movie review for you! We donned our 3D glasses and went to see the movie Hugo. It is fabulous. Ben Kingsley should win best actor and Martin Scorsese best director, although, of course, I have not seen any of the competing movies! In fact, this is the first movie I have gone to a theater to see in at least four years! It is about an adorable kid named Hugo who lives in a train station in Paris. I won't ruin the story by telling you much more, but the movie just keeps getting better and better, with a great ending.

After the movie we hung around the Cherry Creek Mall in Denver, eating a great pizza at the California Pizza Kitchen, then going to a place called Dave and Busters, which has approximately one billion video arcade games, all of which were being played by enthusiastic gamers at the loudest possible volume. One observation that struck me. I saw four "SUPER BIKES," wide Harley-like bikes. In the entire two hours we were there, those bikes were occupied at all times, and ONLY by women! 

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

Sounds like fun. I'm not a 3D fan, was it really that good?