Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Have a good one!"

Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor reminds us in her book My Stroke of Insight that our brains have two distinct hemispheres. One, the right hemisphere, is very mellow, a place where we can find deep inner peace. The other? Not so much! By living in the present moment, paying attention to our underlying physiology, we can connect with that inner peace. What techniques can we use to put distractions out of the way, and enjoy inner peace? I am going to work on that. I know that when I walk out the front door this morning, I will quickly be brought into the present moment, as we are experiencing snow, cold temperatures, and high winds! "Have a good one," as we often say to one another here in Colorado! Connecting positively with other humans is certainly a good way to start the process.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

It started out rainy and humid and quickly changed to rainy and cold. Finally our few hours of winter have arrived.