Monday, April 11, 2011

"We played with fire!"

Jon, Greg, and Sara just returned from five days with their mother in New Mexico. Both Jon and Greg, when I asked them separately to tell me something about the trip, said, "We played with fire!" Apparently the teenager who works on the ranch of their mother's boyfriend showed them a trick in which you pour lighter fluid on your hands, then light a match to the fumes, and wave the fire around. I was completely dumbfounded. I will be taking these boys on a surprise trip to the local fire station for some fire education.

Well, at least they told me about it. Sigh.

2 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

I'm rather dumbfounded myself. Surely there was more to it than what they explained. But a trip to the firehouse is always fun. At least it was to me.

Trinka said...

Oh my. No. Words.