Thursday, November 15, 2007

Let's Leave That One Up To God

Six-year-old Greg, shown here in the darker shirt, with brother Jon, has a unique perspective on the world. Almost daily, he comes up with Gregisms, some original thinking that is unique only to Greg.

When I put the little kids' shoes on them in the morning, I tell them that whoever climbs up on the freezer first gets their shoes put on first (a backsaving idea). Two-year-old Linebacker Dude always wins that contest. Four-year-old Sara says, "That's because he is a boy. When I become a boy, I will be the first one to climb up on the freezer." Greg immediately informed her that she will never become a boy, but that when she gets to Heaven, she can ask God about it. "Only God can make you be a boy or a girl."

Sara, of course, has figured out that if she moves a chair over to the freezer, she can sometimes beat Linebacker Dude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy Greg's view of life! I think we all should start each day with a "Gregism"! And he's such a cutie!

Bob's Blog said...

cynthia,
I enjoy him, too! And, yes, he is a cutie! We get his Gregisms every day, so we are very lucky.