Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Free will and God not giving up on us

Mushroom at Fungle Jungle wonders which end of the telescope we should be looking through.

What causes a man to plant an apple tree? Is it because he tasted apples in the past or because he wishes to eat them in the future? We think our past determines our future, but perhaps we should look occasionally through the other end of the telos-scope.

Then, in another post Mushroom adds that

My absolute certainty of free will does not preclude me from believing that, once stepping through the strait gate, we will most likely follow all the way to the end. We will be made into the image of Christ, no matter what it takes or how long it takes. I am pretty much counting on the fact that God will not give up on me until I am conformed to the image of the Son, until you and I and numberless others are unified in faith, brought to maturity in the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

Read more here: http://funglejungle.blogspot.com/

No comments: