Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Broncos? Tim Tebow?

You've heard of bubbles bursting? Our bubble is bursting today in Colorado. The entire front range of the Rockies was clearly visible this morning as I drove in to work from my house on the high plains. No smog whatsoever. Why? Because the Broncos-Patriots football game began at 6 p.m. last night. That was the time when the last car left the roads, which were folded up at six p.m. sharp.

In December I wrote about a co-worker who warned me that the Patriots have Tom Brady, and all the Broncos have is God: ( http://bobagard.blogspot.com/2011/12/god-and-football.html). Well, that guy was waiting for me at the front door where we work this morning. He started in with his gloating, which I found quite unattractive. I pretended not to know there was a game last night. I said, "Are you sure? I think that game is tonight." I went on in this vein with a straight face. Then, it dawned on him that I was "gaming" him, and he demanded that I stop.

It's basketball time now, and Denver has a great team this year. The Nuggets are playing great team basketball, unselfish, with everybody contributing. We got rid of superstar Carmelo Anthony and a few others. In their place Coach George Karl has brought back Andre Miller and some European guys who can really shoot the basketball. Everybody is hustling, playing tenacious defense, and rebounding. They whipped the Miami Heat two nights ago. Look out NBA, the Denver Nuggets  are going to be the surprise team this year! (See how quickly we forget the Broncos?)

No comments: