Friday, March 04, 2011

Sara comes home from school

If I am home when Sara comes home from school, she comes right up to me and tells me the highlights of her school day.
Seven-year-old Sara: "I'm glad God made the Devil, because it gives all the mean people somewhere to go when they die: straight to Hell!"

Sara to Dad: "Ask me any math problem. It has to be a plus, and it has to be less than twenty."
Dad to Sara: "4 plus 12?"
Sara replied, "How about 12 plus 4?"
"Okay."
"16!"
"Why did you prefer 12 plus 4, instead of 4 plus 12?"
"Because it is the same thing!"

Sara: "The only time I like school is when Nathan is not there."
Dad: "Why?
"At school I was sitting down at my desk, and I wanted to play the card game Goldfish. Nathan had the cards, and he was passing them out to people, but he didn't pass any to me. I asked if I could play. He said yes. Then, he refused to give me any, so I walked back to my desk, and he said I was ranipulative."
"Do you mean "manipulative?"
"Yeah."

"Actually, there are two bullies at school. One is a girl. Her name is Emily. She grabbed the end of my swing and twisted it and I fell and got hurt. Then she said "I am eight-years-old, and you're probably just a four-year-old, and I'm not inviting you to my birthday party, because it is only for my family." "She stuck her nose in the air as she said that."

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I'm rolling over the math thing. Sounds like something I would have said.