Thursday, March 17, 2011

A cure for that homeless feeling

Today is another off day from work, so, along with a lot of housecleaning (we have a new puppy), it is an opportunity to spend time with the kids, who are on Spring break. Early in the morning, I noticed that one of the cows had gotten through the fence that keeps them away from my gardens. Tulips are coming up, and the cows love to eat them. Jon volunteered to put in a post and some wire at the spot where he knew they had come in. He and Greg and Greg's friend Ricky thereby earned spending money for a bike trip to the local market, which is over a mile away.

When Greg got back to the house, he said, "When I was riding alone on my bike, I felt like I was a homeless person, but now that I am home, sitting in front of a flat screen t.v., I don't have that homeless feeling any more!"

Apparently Jon and Ricky had been riding ahead or behind Greg on the country road, thus giving him that homeless feeling.

4 comments:

innominatus said...

Ya need to post some puppy pics, pronto!

vw bug said...

Brave family... I'm still not ready for another dog.

Terri Wagner said...

Yes where are the pics? I've felt like Greg only in my case it was because I got so ahead of everyone.

Bob's Blog said...

Terri,
Knowing Greg's competitiveness, I imagine Greg's situation was the same as yours.