Saturday, March 05, 2011

Today's exercise

Another Saturday off, and another chance to play with the kids. First, a game of football: Dad and Sara against Greg and Jon. Final score 14 to 7 in favor of Jon and Greg. Injuries: Right shoulder, Dad; fingers on both hands, Dad.

Jon had an idea of a new activity (Jon is always thinking of new activities): "Hey Dad, Why don't we show you our amazing tricks we can do on our bikes?"
"Okay, let me go get my camera!"

Greg liked the legs-up-on-top-of-the-handle bars approach.
Sara's tricks were not real daring, but Dad was glad she kept it safe, and she thoroughly enjoyed herself.
Jon's tricks were in a class by themselves.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Bob, you are a blessed man, indeed. I've been hanging around and reading...Sara is a trip. The thing about God making the devil just really is "choice." Bless her heart, and bless you all.

Man, I remember those days of my kids showing me bike tricks, and the football games that took several days to recover from.

Dude, you are blessed. We only have one child left at home. He is almost 15, and mildly autistic. He never could learn how to ride a bicycle...and we tried three different times at various stages of his development. He just never could get the right/left thing down.

But, after the third attempt with a new bike when he was about 12, he said, "We need to give this to the firemen. The Bossier City Fire Department takes bikes and gives them to poor kids at Christmas. A poor kid might like this."


His older brothers are all gone now and on their own, and we'll probably have him with us until we croak.

And that's okay. I'm a blessed man, too.

Terri Wagner said...

Most of my childhood bike trips usually ended up in the ER. But that's ok, I kept doing them.