Tuesday, April 28, 2020

"the brutally delicate balancing act that Trump is engaged in."

In the American Thinker, Bill Dunne wonders if Trump erred in criticizing Georgia Governor Brian Kemp for reopening the state too soon. Count me as one who was disappointed with Trump's decision to criticize Kemp. I also spent time reading the comments, and learned about Georgia and DC politics. One commenter who calls himself perplexed lawyer wrote,

You’re absolutely right I think that the Kemp comments will not lose Trump the election, but I think his harshness was undeserved and unfair. Smelled personal and our country can not afford such indulgences. It is also inconsistent with his (Trump’s) message and momentum to reopen. He should have wished Kemp and Georgians the best and indicated we would carefully watch their progress with hope and concern. Not his finest moment and I wish he had done better.
Read the whole thing here.

No comments: