Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Protocol

"Hello, Senator Reid. We have come to you today to ask your help in passing legisation that will help our organization."
"How much are you contributing to my campaign for reelection?"
"We can funnel $25,000 through the loopholes you have set up."
"Make it $75,000, and I'll support your legislation."
Yes, Sir."

"Hello, Mr. Reid, It's Blago calling! I've got a nominee to replace Obama."
"You are a disgrace. We will not seat your nominee."
"But, Mr. Majority Leader, I didn't do anything you don't do every single day!"
"Oh yes you did. You did it on tape, with prosecutors listening! I make sure all my deals are done discreetly."

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

Ultimately, we all have to face the bitter truth...we are only reaping what we've voted in again and again...how can we change that?