Friday, January 11, 2008

Grumpy Old Men

Today a man was coming out to give us a bid on cleaning our carpets. Despite his fancy GPS system, he got very lost. He called me several times. Each time I patiently gave him directions. I could tell he was getting very frustrated. Then, he said something that just cracked me up. He said, "I can tell that you are not used to talking to people who are not very intelligent!" I was completely taken aback. I assured him that I was not in the least bit upset with him, and apologized if I came across that way.

He accepted my apology, then went on and on about this durn GPS system being a waste of money. When he got to our house, I saw that he was a very large man, who looked like he was in his late seventies. When he left I told him that I hoped he would be able to enjoy the scenery on the way back to the city. However, he told me that would not be possible, because he still had seven more houses to visit, and he was now two hours late, due to that durn GPS.

My guess is that he tried retirement, but the wife made him get the heck back out of the house, because of his grumpiness.

1 comment:

shoprat said...

My Father abandoned retirement from sheer boredom.