Sunday, October 21, 2007

The "Only" Child


Yep, we got "dusted" with two or three inches of snow overnight. Come back later for photos! The kids are all outside. There is going to be a run on hot bath and shower water, so I am going to get my shower right after I finish this post.

As I was getting Mau's jacket on her, Sara shouted,"That's my jacket!" I said, "Sara, we have plenty of jackets for everyone, there is no need to be selfish." She replied, "Yes, I know I am selfish, but I am not the only one! There are lots of other only ones!"

This just proves my theory that we have eight children, each one of whom is convinced that they are our only child!

5 comments:

shoprat said...

The reasoning behind that sentence of hers escapes me.

Bob's Blog said...

shoprat,
I long ago figured out that you just have to go with the flow!

Daddio said...

We say of our niece, she's not just an old child, she's THE only child.

Bob's Blog said...

daddio,
Yeah, but it is amazing how a child can get that concept when surrounded by seven other only children!

Daddio said...

Bob,
What types of things do you do to build "teamwork" among your children? That might be worth an entire post if you can find the time.
-Andrew