Friday, August 25, 2017

"It is really important to offend!"

Readers of this blog know that I am a fan of Mark Steyn. I will admit, though, that I didn't get as enthralled by this interview as I usually am when Mark hosts the Rush Limbaugh Show. Mark interviews FH "Frank" Buckley, an author I had not heard of, but one who has written three books that Mark likes. I don't know why "Frank" does not take his hat off, but I hope he overcomes his fear soon.

Toward the end of the interview, it started to get more interesting to me. They discussed the Left's rigidity and Puritanism. They are the killjoys of the modern world. They pronounce, "Only we can be offended!" Nowadays it seems that the power to be offended determines politics, which is why Mr. Buckley compliments Mark and says "It is really important to offend!"

The opposite of virtue signaling is outrageousness signaling. Every time Trump does something outrageous his supporters are encouraged that he is not going to back down and be a wimp. Frank likes the fact that he doesn't apologize or explain.

No comments: