Sunday, October 20, 2013

Reversing the narrative

Kathy Jackson linked to this wonderful story. A guy gets on the Bart train and sees an attractive woman. The train isn't crowded, but he goes up and sits right behind her.

He waited until the train was in motion to make his move--a true sign of someone who knows how to make the environment work to their advantage. Then he leaned forward. "Hi." "How you doing?" "What are you reading?" "What's your name?" "I really like your hair." "That's a really nice skirt." "You must work out."

It was painful to watch. She clearly wanted nothing to do with him, and he clearly wasn't going to take the hint. Her rebukes got firmer. "I'd like to read my book." And he pulled out the social pressure. "Hey, I'm just asking you a question. You don't have to be so rude." She started to look around for outs. Her head swiveled from one exit to another.

What happens next is all about reversing the narrative.

2 comments:

Buttercup said...

This reminds me of one of my favorite Mad TV spots.

Bob's Blog said...

Perfect, and very funny!