Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Boys will be boys

My son Jon injured his knee playing football at lunch period at school yesterday. Tomorrow I will drive down to New Mexico to be with him for a couple of days. Blogging will be light or non-existent until Saturday night or Sunday.

The doctor is worried about an injury to his growth plate, since Jon is only thirteen. He put Jon in a cast and told him not to move for the next week. Do you know how hard that is for a thirteen year old boy?

(He made the tackle).

4 comments:

vw bug said...

An extra prayer for your son. And keeping a boy from running around? Darn near impossible. Good luck.

Bob's Blog said...

Thanks vw,

I know you know whereof you write!

Ryan said...

I hope his knee is alright. Ever play spoons, the card game? It's fun for all ages, and might pass an hour or two.

Infidel de Manahatta said...

Telling a 13 year old to remain immobile is a tall order.

I hope he gets better.