Monday, May 23, 2011

A Play Day!

What a fun day. I took the three youngest back to the most beautiful town in America: Golden, Colorado, where they spent their first few years of life. Each had won an award at their school, which is now out for summer recess. Jon won two awards in the fifth grade: Best Reader, and Most Likely to be a Millionare some day. Greg won the fourth grade award for Most Creative. Sara won the first grade award for Funniest! While I am bragging, but not taking any credit, Kim got straight As in the 11th grade, and Erik got straight A's in his first year of technical college, where he is studying to be a diesel mechanic. More importantly, he got his scholarship renewed for his second year! On the way home we called the fifth sibling, Thomas, who was leaving Wisconsin for a 900 mile jaunt to Oklahoma: just another day in the life of an over-the-road trucker!

In Golden we hiked, fished, netting eight crawdads, ate pizza, jumped, ran, climbed every tree, statue, and other structure not built for climbing, posed for pictures, dipped our toes in creeks big and small, swung, and slid. I promise to figure out how to post photos soon.

2 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I could have gone. I got laid off and you've made Colorado sound so great, I'm listing it as a possible I'm-willing-to-go-there.

Bob's Blog said...

Terri,
I am so sorry. I hope you succeed in turning this event into something that results in more happiness and fulfillment for you. My prayers for you.