Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Enough already!

Tonight Colleen and I will address the local school board. We will be telling them about a number of stupid racial incidents Sara has had to endure over the last two years. Colleen has spoken to the principal each time she has learned of an incident, but no consequences have been forthcoming. Tonight we will ask them to make clear consequences for students who practice acts of racial discrimination and staff who don't do anything about it. In other words, please develop clear guidelines about what will not be tolerated and what will be the consequences for those who ignore school policies on racial discrimination.

4 comments:

swiftone said...

Good on you! She shouldn't have to upput with crap.

Terri Wagner said...

How has Sara held up? When I lived in Kansas I had a reverse racial situation with a teacher. My parents went to the school to "fix" the problem. It made it worse. I never felt comfortable and even to this day regret that my parents singled me out although I know they were right in what was happening. I hope Sara can handle this.

Bob's Blog said...

Terri,
I can see that, and I am sorry that happened to you. Sometimes there is just no alternative. However, I have to believe that standing up is better than lying down.

Trinka said...

:( I hated school for just these reasons. LOVED to learn, but hated the social aspect. Wish home-schooling had been around then.