Friday, December 07, 2007

What Kind Of Leader Will Our Country Need in 2008?

Mr. laid-back Presidential candidate Fred Thompson was asked if he planned to talk about his faith. He replied that he is not a regular church-goer, and
Me getting up and talking about what a wonderful person I am and that sort of thing, I'm not comfortable with that, and I don't think it does me any good," he said. "People will make up their own mind about that, and that's the way I like it."

Thompson is going to be his own man, no matter what the consequences. The more they harass him, the more laid-back he seems to get. Kind of refreshing, don't you think?

What will our country need in 2008? A street-fighter like Giuliani? A laid back thinker like Thompson? An efficient manager like Romney? A military hero like McCain? Or a fast-talking preacher like Huckabee?

I do realize there are candidates on the Democrat side, also. They are so weak on national defense and border security, that they hardly deserve serious consideration.

2 comments:

Webutante said...

Oh, how I want Thompson to forge ahead.....I like his honest, no nonesense response like you've posted, Bob.

I don't think it's going to get him the nomination,however, and I'm afraid most of his ardent supporters here in Tennessee agree that he's probably not going to make it now. I'm sick about it too.

Bob's Blog said...

Thompson is real.