Saturday, November 10, 2018

Tuesday's Results

Guest post
by Suzann Darnall

I am thrilled that the Republicans held the Senate and grateful that Texas kept Cruz while rejecting Beto. I am saddened about the House going Democrat and hate that some real Leftist nutcases got elected around the country. But, really and truly there was only one result on Tuesday that mattered to me. The results from my husband’s Whipple Procedure surgery.

He was in surgery for more than eight hours. They removed his gallbladder, part of his bile duct, part of his stomach, part of his pancreas, and part of his small intestine. But, the only truly important thing is that he lived! He made it through and he is now recovering. Even now I cannot get too excited or distraught about the midterm results, ‘cause I am only particularly worried about my husband and his progress. He may be in the hospital as long as two weeks and then will be unable to return to work until after the New Year.

This is a prime example of having an election and then life goes on. My life will be forever changed by what happened on Tuesday, but it will have nothing to do with politics. It will be all about the changes that my husband and I are undergoing due to the changes to his body. We will be awaiting test results, learning new eating habits, trying to figure how he can exercise without pain, praying he doesn’t develop diabetes, and so many other things that come about after a surgery of this magnitude. In the face of an event like this, what matters a few political changes here and there around the country?

My husband lived. He is recovering. He will be coming home. Thus, for me, Tuesday’s results were beyond amazing and I feel we most definitely won the day! Also, believe me, I have thanked my Lord for His mercy and kindness in preserving my eternal sweetheart.

I am sure a bit down the road I will feel more concern, once again, about politics. But, for now, I just want to celebrate that I won on Tuesday. My husband lived! What greater prize could I ever want???

No comments: