Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"A bargain struck with God often transforms the petitioner more than the object of any plea"

Remember Zell Miller? Grim's Hall has a piece on him. Miller credits the U.S. Marine Corps and God for straightening out his life. "“I had a conversion. I had a late life conversion. I changed my views on several things. This had to do with my son going blind, and me having to carry him to the doctor with his hand on my shoulder.... I prayed and prayed that they could do something about his sight,” Miller said.

The prayers seemed to work. “He can see pretty good out of one eye right now.” But a bargain struck with God often transforms the petitioner more than the object of any plea. “I changed on a lot of things. Not just abortion, but my whole life in general. I was a pretty rough character in my younger days. I needed to change,” Miller said.

 http://grimbeorn.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-word-with-zell-miller.html

No comments: