Sunday, April 30, 2017

Freedom of . . . Whatever

Guest post by Suzann Darnall

Sorry, another pet peeve rant! Does anyone have an idea for how we get the Leftists, liberals, snowflakes, Progressives, and just the unthinking in general to read a dictionary and learn the meaning of the word “freedom”???

I am not even asking that they understand the Constitution or the Bill of Rights, just the simple definition of a basic word. A word that has a whole lot of meaning to an American patriot like me. F-R-E-E-D-O-M.

A few definitions I discovered include:
The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants.
Unrestricted use of something.
The state of not being subject to or affected by (something).
The condition or right of being able or allowed to do, say, think, etc. whatever you want to, without being controlled or limited.

There are numerous other definitions and meanings, but I am just looking at the basic idea that American citizens are entitled to freedom to think, act, and speak. That we are entitled to do this without restrictions and limitations, beyond those laws set in place by government or the boundaries of common sense, common decency, and common courtesy.

This means the so-called Social Justice Warriors and others who would take it upon themselves to “police” our language, fashion, and society in general need to back off! Freedom means women can wear hoop earrings no matter their ethnicity. It also means we can refer to our female friends as friends, sister-friends, or even girlfriends . . . no matter whether we are straight, lesbian, or none-of-your-business!

I could go on to list nearly endless items where the SJWs are trying to infringe on pert near every aspect of life with their liberty-reducing practices. But, these two are the ones that to me most symbolize the idiocy of what the sneering snowflakes are currently deciding to be offended about. And, they are basing both of them on profiling. They say only certain ethnicities are allowed to wear hoop earring and only actual lesbians should refer to actual girlfriends as girlfriends. HUH??? Isn’t profiling, especially based on race or sexual preference supposed to be wrong?

As a side note, is there an additional sexual preference now known as an “inactual lesbian”? Or, is it just that there are lesbians and actual lesbians . . . and, if so, what is the actual difference? ‘Cause I am actually very confused. Not about my gender or sexual preference, but about what some of these actual terms are trying to actually say!

I am going to use the language pretty much as I wish. I am going to wear pretty much whatever I want. In short, I am going to exercise my freedom. By the way, I am wearing a hoop earring in one of my ear piercings AND I wanna send a shout out to all my American patriot girlfriends who are reading this little essay!



Sayonara,
Suzann Darnall

No comments: