Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sessions thanks Cruz for his work in defeating Gang of Eight's Amnesty bill



About that 2013 Amnesty bill, John Nolte reports at Breitbart: Senator Jeff Sessions said,
“Let me tell you, I was there. Every step of the way, Ted Cruz was on my side and fought this legislation all the way through.”

“I’m just flabbergasted,” he continued.

Don’t they know how he voted? So let just tell you a few things just to recall – people need to remember this because this election is going to decide if the crowd that pushed that bill — are they in the White House and will they be able to continue their agenda? Or will somebody else be there who will say no?

...The 2013 “Gang of Eight” bill never gained traction in the House of Representatives after passage in the Senate, to which Sessions credited Cruz’s opposition.

“I think I can say this with integrity and good judgement: I believe without the vigorous opposition of Ted Cruz, this bill likely would have passed,” Sessions said. “So we need to thank him.”
Read more here.

No comments: