Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pulling weeds

A welcomed day off today, so I put on some clothes and went right outside so I could garden before it got hot. Suddenly I remembered the tall weeds that were growing on the boundaries of some areas of the garden. Usually my excuse for not pulling them is that I have to go to work. Not today! So, I pulled weeds for several hours. Once I pulled on a big one so hard that I fell backward down a little hill, saved from a longer tumble by a thorny bush.

Immediately I thanked God that I was not injured. Immediately after that I thought,"Can you imagine how hard God has to pull to get those weeds of negative emotions out of the left hemisphere of my brain?" I can make it easier for God, though, by keeping the soil fertile and manageable. I can do that by dedicating myself to the task of reading and thinking about the need to remove and prevent those weeds from growing, and being ready to help Him when I ask God to rid me of those weeds.

Now I have room to plant something else on those boundary areas; maybe some fall mums?

2 comments:

Mrs. Who said...

I love this post...I *know* I need to prepare my brain better for God's work to grow.

Bob's Blog said...

Mrs. Who,
Thanks. Sometimes I have trouble shutting down the left brain while I am trying to sleep; usually an hour or two before I set my alarm to wake up. At those times I wish I knew the secret of how to shut down my storyteller, and just enjoy the time of rest.