Thursday, July 07, 2011

Atlanta: 78% of schools have teachers or principals who cheat on standardized tests!

178 teachers and principals in Atlanta have been caught cheating: altering the tests taken by their pupils in order to make the school district look like they are doing a good job! The Christian Science Monitor asks if they should be jailed. Invincible Armor says, "Yes!"
Update: On July 17, 2011 this story finally hit page 10A of the Denver Post. Why are bloggers ten days ahead of the lame stream media?

1 comment:

Mrs. Who said...

I was very upset when I read about this 'cheating'. Whole groups of teachers cheating?

It's what happens when the tests are being used to 'punish' teachers instead of for collecting information to further help students. I'm not excusing the teachers...but if the pressures do get too high, I'd leave the profession before I'd cheat like that.