Saturday, February 21, 2009

"The Worst Mistake You Can Make!"

Greg, our seven-year-old, said this morning, "I don't like having friendships with girls. If you hit them, they say they don't want to be friends any more, and they stay mad at you for a long time. If my boy friends get mad, we just hit each other and then we go on being friends!"

Then, about five minutes after he said that, Sara came screaming up the stairs. She made up a story about eight-year-old Jon using a profanity and hitting her. Jon readily admitted to hitting her, but denied using the profanity. After interrogation by the prosecuting attorney, their mother, Sara confessed that she lied about Jon using a profanity.

In "time out" for hitting Sara, Jon said, "I better learn from my my mistake. That's the worst mistake you can make: not learning from your mistake!" I gave him a hearty congratulations for figuring that out. (Sara's timeout was longer, for lying about what her brother said.)

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

Tough way to learn a good lesson. I think Jon's getting it. Sara needs some help giggle.