Sunday, April 26, 2015

Prime time

Public Television knows its audience. They were having a fundraising drive, featuring folk music of the 60s. I have the bad habit of turning on the t.v. while flossing my teeth. I heard the music, and looked at the program. It was embarrassing. Grown liberal men in the audience had tears flowing down their cheeks, while listening to some old guy singing Where Have All The Flowers Gone?

Yes, in the 60s I was a devotee of Peter, Paul and Mary, but not because of Peter and Paul. I was captivated by Mary Travers' sexiness (before she got fat). Those lips, that hair, that voice...where was I?


I was a strong supporter of the Civil Rights Movement, but did not support the anti-war movement.

I believe we older people ought to stay active, alert, and involved. But please, don't go up on the stage and sing folk songs of the 60s. We can go to You Tube and watch and listen to Mary Travers in her prime. Also, please let Roberta Flack be the one who sings Killing Me Softly and The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, not some old guy who looks like me!

I have no doubt that Public Television raised lots of money from old liberals last night. Pathetic!

No comments: