Friday, June 03, 2011

Unknown unknowns

Astronomers have discovered evidence of "up to ten" planets floating alone in the dark of space, away from the light of a star.The discovery indicates there are many more free-floating Jupiter-mass planets that can't be seen. But wait, that's not all: "The team estimates there are about twice as many of them as stars. In addition, these worlds are thought to be at least as common as planets that orbit stars. This would add up to hundreds of billions of lone planets in our Milky Way galaxy alone."

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I hold firmly to my belief there are many others out there in the universe and I'm totally ok with that and it doesn't take away my belief in God at all. Just makes sense to my way of thinking. However, I have wondered if God put a sign on our cosmic freeway, don't stop here folks trust me on this.