Tuesday, January 25, 2011

There is Hope!

I'm not sure Michelle Obama is right about us Americans being so out-of-shape. Let me explain. The other day I was in our local big box store and the woman in front of me was getting ready to pay for her groceries, when she realized she left her wallet in her car. The clerk asked her how far away her car was parked, and the woman replied, "Oh, it is right in front, in the Handicapped area." With that, the woman sprinted out the door ala Jesse Owens, and within just a few more seconds, sprinted back in with her wallet in hand! If our handicapped Americans can run like that, we must not be in such bad shape after all!

2 comments:

Andy said...

Heh! Don't you just love it? My favorite is when you see people ride around on the electric carts, and then get up and stride like studs with their bags full of junk.

Terri Wagner said...

I think Michele is an idiot. This just reinforces that opinion.