Sunday, May 20, 2012

Choosing love

I had a wonderful day with my boys, Jon and Greg, and my daughter, Sara, on Friday. I will write about it when I get some photos ready to post. I am just overcome with joy and thanksgiving when I get the chance to be with them.

If your heart has been broken, do you close it back up? How about leaving it open in a stabilized way, so that you can choose to love, and not wait for someone to have to pry it open to give you love? I can be the one who chooses to love. In and of itself, that choice is good for me, regardless of what the other person does. It is something I am really working hard on.

Today I met one of Jon's previous teachers when he lived here with me. She was so sweet. She asked me how Jon was doing in New Mexico. I told her the truth: he does not like school. She was not surprised, because he did not like school here, either. Jon likes to set his own agenda. I will be writing about that when I post the photos. I had a great talk with his former teacher. She told me she really misses Jon and Greg. She said, "Jon is a great writer, just like you!" I started to cry, because I miss those kids terribly, and I appreciated her kind words.

No comments: