Wednesday, March 08, 2017

"He may be feeling like a woman, but he wasn't acting like one."

Guest post by School Psychologist Colleen Warshawer

Today is International Women's Day. Let me tell you what happened to me. I drove the kids to their schools, then stopped in at a gas station to use the restroom. There were two: one for men, and one for women. Both were occupied. One effeminate-looking man was waiting in line in front of me. The women's room opened first. The man walked right in. I turned to his male friend and asked, "WTF?" He did not reply.

The men's room then became unoccupied. However, I waited for the women's room, since I am a woman. The man came out of the women's room eventually. I greeted him, "WTF, It says women!" He did not reply.

I have never had a woman do this. What makes it okay for a man? If it had been another woman who did this, she would have said something to explain why. What makes this man, who may be feeling like he is a woman, decide that it is okay to use the women's room when there is a woman standing right behind him?

Here is the answer. He has a male brain. The male brain is not as interconnected between the two hemispheres, which makes him more singularly focused and less able to be in tune to the feelings and reactions of people around him.

He may be feeling like a woman, but he wasn't acting like one.

No comments: