Saturday, December 01, 2012

Ruins? Maybe not.

What did Barry Goldwater say after his crushing defeat by LBJ in 1964? "I had a very exciting time at the Republican National Convention. My conservative allies and I all worked very hard in the presidential election. When I woke up the day after the election, everything I had worked for appeared to be in ruins. An extreme leftist had been reelected president of the United States. Some liberal Republicans immediately began to blame newly activated conservatives for the presidential defeat. I knew they were wrong. It was clear to me that these newly active conservatives would be the key to major future victories for conservative principles."

Of course, that turned out to be true. May it again be so!

http://www.redstate.com/morton_c_blackwell/2012/11/15/an-open-letter-to-conservatives/

via The Other McCain

No comments: