John Engel has written a piece at Legal Insurrection about the line of succession to the presidency of the United States. On this day of the Mayan Apocalypse, John Kerry has been nominated to be Secretary of State. Here are the others in order of their eligibility:
With the nomination of John Kerry to become secretary of state, our line of succession to the presidency almost makes the North Koreans look good.
Make sure nothing is in your mouth but keep a stiff drink nearby as you behold this rogues gallery of they who are mere heartbeats from the Oval Office (in order):
• Vice President Joe “BFD” Biden
• Speaker John “Boo Hoo” Boehner
• President pro tem of the Senate Pat “Leaky” Leahy
• John “I was for it before I was against it” Kerry
• Treasury Secretary Tim “Turbo Tax” Geithner
• Secretary of Defense Leon “Benghazi?” Panetta
• Attorney General Eric “Fast and Furious” Holder
And on it goes. If it’s true that a nation gets the leaders it deserves, how wretched does that make us?