Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Confronting anti-America protesters

vwbug at One Happy Dog Speaks offers this for her Humor for Wednesday column:

Here’s a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent interaction between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester.

There were protesters at the grocery store handing out pamphlets on the evils of America. I politely declined to take one. There was an elderly woman behind me and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined. The young protester put her hand on the old woman’s shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice the young lady said, “Lady, don’t you care about the children of Iraq?”

The old woman looked up at her and said: “Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea, and a son in Vietnam .. All three died so a witch like you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country. If you touch me again, I’ll stick this umbrella up your rear and open it.”

~ God Bless America ~ I love getting old

http://onehappydog.us/2012/11/humor-for-wednesday-204

1 comment:

vw bug said...

I love this one! I can see my mom doing this.