Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Invincible?

Do we realize what precious and fragile gifts are our bodies and minds? Do we realize our bodies are our temporary homes? That we are just visiting here? Or, do we think we are invincible? Do you know what the tenth and final studio album of Michael Jackson was titled? Invincible! Wrong, Michael, wrong!

Update: Brain scientist Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor writes in her fabulous book about invincibility. The book, entitled My Stroke of Insight, is about a stroke she suffered, and what she learned about her brain from the experience of losing, then regaining the function of her left hemisphere of her brain.
For the first time in my life I learned that I was not invincible. Unlike a computer that could be turned off and then rebooted, the richness of my life was completely dependent on not only the health of my cellular structure, but on the integrity of my brain's ability to electrically transmit and communicate its directives.

No comments: