Sunday, August 05, 2018

"Sustain in me a willing spirit."

From Bird Dog at Maggie's Farm:
Psalm 51:1-12


51:1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.


5:2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.


51:3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.


51:4 Against you, you alone, have I sinned, and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are justified in your sentence and blameless when you pass judgment.


51:5 Indeed, I was born guilty, a sinner when my mother conceived me.


51:6 You desire truth in the inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.


51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.


51:8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have crushed rejoice.


51:9 Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.


51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.


51:11 Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your holy spirit from me.


51:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a willing spirit.

No comments: