Sunday, December 04, 2016

"Unwarranted, unearned, and not useful.”


Jon Stewart, who influenced a lot of low information voters who got their "news" from watching the Daily Show, gives an interview to the New York Times and admits,
“And the lesson there is,” he continued, referencing the Daily Show, “as much as I love what we did and I liked it, there is a self-satisfaction there that is unwarranted, unearned, and not useful.”

Stewart scorned social justice warriors who’ve demonized Trump supporters as racists and homophobic and sexists.

“This has to stop,” Stewart said. “This idea that we’re all … that our team is perfect and the other team is demons. And this is not like a Kumbaya, let’s all get along.” He added:

And I’ll say this, I know a lot of first responders. I spent a lot of time in that community. A shitload of them voted for Trump. The same people that voted for Trump ran into burning buildings and saved whoever the fuck they could no matter what color they were, no matter what religion and they would do it again tomorrow. So, if you want to sit and tell me that those people are giving tacit approval to an exploitative system ― I say, ‘OK, and would you put your life on the line for people who aren’t like you? Because they did.’ I get mad about this stuff.
Read more here.

No comments: