Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Savior is born

At First Things Andrew Klavan writes about a wonderful Christmas eve.
Every idea comes with its own history, but this fact doesn’t make it false. The genesis of a belief is no disproof of it. The truth remains true, no matter how or why we came to find it. If there is a higher, spiritual, supernatural world, it stands to reason that this everyday, material, natural world is only the language in which it speaks to us. So maybe my psychology was just Christ’s way of reaching me, his doorway into my heart. Maybe Mina’s loving kindness was just an image of his. Maybe the beauty of Christmas was just a symbol of his beauty. Maybe that picture on the wall was a story he was telling me: I who seem fearsome in the mind’s darkness will reveal myself to be your savior by the light of day.
Read more here.

No comments: