Sunday, July 07, 2013

Enough!

Did you stop breastfeeding because you felt awkward? Did you pay the high prices charged by the formula makers? Here is one woman who is fed up! Why should a woman be made to feel she is doing something wrong?

I'm getting worried In case that small flash of flesh might offend. And I'm not trying to 'parade' this, I don't want to make a show But when I'm told that I'd be better just staying at home And when a woman I know was thrown off a bus And another one told to get out the pub Even my grandma said maybe I was 'sexing it up'. And I'm sure the milk makers love all the fuss All the worry and stress and looks of disgust As another mother turns from nipples to powder Ashamed or embarrassed by comments around her and As I hold her head up and pull my cardy across and she sips on the liquor made by everyones' God, I think For God sake, Jesus drank it! So did Sidhartha, Muhammed and Moses and both of their fathers Ganesh and Shiva and Brighid and Buddha and I'm sure they weren't doing it sniffing up piss as their mothers sat embarrassed on cold toilet lids

So no more will I sit on these cold toilet lids No matter how embarrassed I feel as she sips Cos in this country of billboards covered in 'tits' I think I should try to get used to this.

found here

No comments: