Friday, April 20, 2012

"May the odds ever be with you!"

Yes, my three youngest talked me into seeing Hunger Games with them today. Since we live 35 miles from the nearest theater, I decided to engage them in a discussion of the film on the way home. Ten-year-old Greg, who sees things very literally, vehemently objected when I said I thought there was a lot of satire in the film.  The people in the Capital were thoroughly entertained by the powerful people's idea of fun: sacrificing talented young people. My favorite character was the t.v. interviewer played by Stanley Tucci. He was deliciously trite and shallow, and his hair alone should get him an Academy Award nomination. Other than upsetting Greg because I laughed at inappropriate times during the movie, it was a fun time and a good movie. I only had to put my hands over Sarah's eyes about ten times.

No comments: