Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Living with a sense of anticipatory joy

Scott Ott writes at Facebook,
"Let me give this little piece of hope. Right after election day, I think we'll have the best opportunity in a generation to begin solidly defining what it means to be a liberty-loving, Constitutional American. I'm intentionally avoiding traditional labels because I think we need to realize that we're aging, and we're going to age out pretty soon -- in the not-too-distant future. I have children, and someday I may have grandchildren. We want to pass on to them a country that is better than the one we found -- the same way that our ancestors were able to do that for us.

"In order to do that, I think we need to shed this idea that, somehow, by bad-mouthing and insulting people who disagree with us we're going to win them over to our way, or somehow they're going to put their tails between their legs and slink away and leave the arena. They're not.
"The way that we're going to go forward is through effective civic dialogue; through connecting with peoples' hearts and minds. It's through conveying to them the truth and beauty of these ideas which we hold so dear.

"If we're so happy with this pursuit of happiness, then this ought to be infectious and result in reaching other people because they say, 'You know what? I don't know what he believes exactly, but that Steve Green, that Bill Whittle, that Scott Ott, that…YOU, are so excited about living this freedom that we enjoy in the United States.

"'I want to live like that. I want to be like them. I want to embrace that. I don't want to be angry all of the time. I don't want to be constantly snipping and sniping at my neighbors. I want to live with a sense of anticipatory joy that comes from having a set of ideas that you're able to put into practice and make life better for yourself and other people.'"
-- Scott Ott, on 'Right Angle LIVE' with Bill Whittle and Stephen Green, October 18, 2016

No comments: