Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Out and About

This is the top of the four tier rock garden on the east side of the house.

I am about one month early is starting the gardens this year, compared to last year, because we did not move in until July 2007. This is the south side.

Yes, we humans are strange creatures.

This alpaca is the biggest one of the eight males. He is also the friendliest toward humans, and the first one to come over and talk to me.

The alpacas and horses are getting to know each other.

Around here the priority for landscaping is plants (trees and flowers). This is probably some horrible weed, but it surely has some nice blooms.

3 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

really gorgeous. Good job on laying it out and the cutest animals.

Gecko said...

Oh, you lucky, that is a Matiliha poppy and I do believe it is a native of Ojai, Ca. I have them in my garden and they love water but are also drought resistant. Leave room as they get big.
If I can find a picture of mine I will email it to you,:)

Gecko said...

Matilija is the correct spelling. I posted a picture of it and all the yadda yadda at geckofeeder for you.