Monday, June 09, 2008

Obama says it doesn't work. Oh yeah?

On June 5 the U.S. Navy demonstrated their ability to defend against an in-coming scud missile. Barack Obama wants to scrap the missile defense system. Please don't vote for him.

Via Ace of Spades

Gayle has the words Obama spoke on this video, which is hard to hear. Here are his exact words.
I'm the only major candidate who opposed this war from the beginning and as President I will end it. Second, I will cut tens of billions of dollars in wasteful spending. I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems. I will not weaponize space. I will slow our development of future combat systems and I will institute an independent defense-priorities board to insure that the quadrennial defense review is not used to justify unnecessary spending. Third, I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons. To seek that goal I will not develop new nuclear weapons, I will seek a global ban on the production of fissile material and I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICBM's off hair-trigger alert and to achieve deep cuts in our nuclear arsenals."

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Thanks for posting this, Bob. The more people who hear this the better, which is why I insterted it permanently into the top of my blog template and it's going to stay there until this election is over or until we find out something even worse. There is still much to be discovered about this man. I hope that Fox News will eventually publish this video. So far we haven't heard it on the MSM and Fox News is probably the only station that would publish it anyway.

I didn't find the video hard to hear, I just typed out the content because You Tube removed it from their site once and could do so again. If they do, now we at least have a written copy.

Bob, it completely amazes me that so many people are willing to vote for Obama, and some even when they don't agree with him! I have a liberal who visits regularly and is always decent and respectful in his comments, so I like him - I just don't understand him. His name is Crian. He made the statement on my last post that he doesn't agree with cutting the military or curtailing our space efforts but he's still going to vote for Obama! It boggles my mind that anyone would vote for him even when they disagree with two major issues like this. Go figure! It's like Obama has people on the left hypnotized!

Terri Wagner said...

Actually I understand Crian, Gayle. I've voted for people I didn't agree much with but in my mind the alternative was worst. I also understand a bit of the Obama appeal because and I truly hate to admit this but I voted for Ross Perot. I liked what he had to say; I ignored the obvious fact that he was nuts; I just wanted/needed to hear someone saying something different. That's Obama's appeal. He sounds different. That said, Obama is nuts. And I do wish people would "hear" him. But my hopes aren't high on that, I couldn't be swayed in 1992.